Tenant quality checks
Our job as your agent is to minimize the risk of you getting a bad tenant.
That's why our tenant checks are carried out by a leading UK referencing agency, Paragon FCC.
- We carry out prudent checks on every tenant
- We fully check any guarantors if party to the tenancy
- We provide a copy of the reference report to landlords
- We recommend a 'rent warranty' for all approved tenants
Tenant checks we undertake
Verification of whether the tenants are on the electoral roll, whether they have any defaults or County Court Judgements, whether they have filed for Bankruptcy, and whether any 'linked addresses' hold any adverse data on the tenant.
Managing Agent or landlord checks:
A written reference is obtained from the previous managing agent or landlord. If this period is less than 6 months, then previous checks are made.
Employment and Income reference:
Reference requests are sent to all current employers (or accountants) to satisfy the nature of their employment, to ensure they can afford the rent, not only now, but throughout their tenancy.
Tenant database checks:
To ensure the tenant hasn’t been placed on a black-list by other referencing agencies.
Guarantee your rent
We think having a protected tenancy offers you valuable 'peace of mind' throughout your tenancy term. After all it's your investment (and bank balance) that can get harmed if things go wrong, such as your tenant being made redundant or suffering an illness. Making sure your agent performs due diligence reference checks and arranging a rent warranty leaves absolutely nothing to chance.
The key features of our Rent Warranty
- We can guarantee against non payment of your rent for any reason
- 30% of landlords have experienced financial hardship due to rents not being paid
- All tenants must have been deemed a suitable tenant by a professional referencing agency
- Standard rent warranty prices start at just £95 plus VAT for a six month tenancy or £135 plus VAT for a 12 month policy
- Rent Warranty plus from £180 plus VAT for 12 months cover
- Rent warranty standard has a one month exclusion period
- Rent warranty + pays from the first missed rent payment (no exclusion period)
- Cover loss of rent of up to £2000 per month
- Receive 100% of your monthly rent if your tenant stops paying you
- Evict the tenants if necessary at no extra cost
Using Experian or Credit Safe professional services, we can run a simple soft trace check that verifies you as an individual. In a world where internet fraud is growing exponentially, the verified landlord icon on your property listing will help to make your advert stand out from the crowd and will help you appeal to tenants looking for a new property. This service is paid for by fish need water and so is completely FREE of charge to Landlords.