Descriptionhe moment you walk into the house you can immediately feel that it's substantial home. There's a generously sized hallway with a large 25' foot through lounge complete with high ceilings and a beautiful period style feature fireplace.
Walk down a level and there's a 14' foot wide kitchen, large enough for family dining. At the rear is a utility room, complete with WC and shower.
The garden is south-westerly facing so attracts a lot of sun in the summer months, and spans almost 70 feet. At the end is a useful shed/studio, complete with electricity.
Venture up the natural wooden staircase to the first landing, where you'll find a double bedroom and a bathroom. Up another small flight of stairs are a further two double bedrooms, the larger (sizeable at almost 16' feet) spanning the entire width of the property.
Up another level you'll find a recently completed and sizeable Dormer loft extension, complete with an en-suite bathroom and beautiful bespoke, hand-built wardrobes and a matching make up desk, all very stylish.
Crystal Palace is a short bus ride, or keep-fit walk away and has much to recommend about the town - its vintage boutiques, designer coffee shops, quaint antiques dealers, popular restaurants and regular Continental food markets and farmers markets have led to it being crowned with the coveted Sunday Times award of London's best Place to Live in 2022.
Then, on top of the Triangle, you've Crystal Palace Park - a 80 hectare Grade II* listed park, which is a wonderful place for kids and holds regular food markets at weekends.
Crystal Palace BR also runs the 'Ginger' Overground service to Highbury & Islington via Hoxton and Shoreditch. A quick change at Canada Water (Jubilee Line)gets you into Canary Wharf without too much stress. London Bridge (20 minutes) or Victoria Stations (28 minutes) are both within easy reach too, with direct trains from Gipsy Hill and Crystal Palace stations.
There's a multitude of different buses from the famous Parade into Croydon or into SE London and Central London. In fact it's an almost perfect commuter hub, which is part of its wide appeal.
There's free parking on the adjacent street.
The owners have lived here for almost 17 years and have seen their children grow up and feel it's now time for a more rural lifestyle.
Local information for buyers -
Primary schools and nurseries
- David Livingstone Primary school 0.3 miles
- St Cyprian's Greek Orthodox Primary Academy 0.6 miles
- Downsview Primary School 0.9 miles
- Little Treasures Nursery 0.1 miles
- Little Jannah Daycare Nursery 0.2 miles
Secondary schools and sixth form
- Harris Academy South Norwood 0.5 miles
- Spurgeon's College 0.5 miles
- The BRIT school 1.4 miles (Performing and creative arts school)
Things to see
- Crystal Palace Triangle 0.9 miles. (The triangle is filled with independent shops, cafes, restaurants and gastro pubs and was recently voted London's place to live by the Times).
- Everyman Cinema Crystal Palace 1.0 mile
- Crystal Palace Park 1.2 miles
- Spa Hill Allotments 0.3 miles (Where can rent spaces of land to plant veg)
- Grangewood Park 0.5 miles
- Valley Park retail centre 3.1 miles (IKEA and other retail shops and restaurants)
- Centrale Shopping Centre 2.6 miles
- Bus routes nearby: 249, 196, 468, 450, 250
- Thornton Heath station 1.0 miles
- Norwood Junction BR station 1.2 miles (Can take direct train to London bridge from this station that takes 15 minutes)
- Crystal Palace BR station 1.4 miles
- Upper Norwood Group Practice 0.6 miles
- Parchmore medical centre 0.7 miles
- Croydon University hospital 2 miles
- St George's hospital 4.6 miles