HOW WE HANDLE & USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect, hold and use some of your personal data and so here will provide more information about how this works.
Please read it carefully and ensure that you understand it. If you do not accept and agree with any part of it please stop using the website immediately, because your continuing use of our website will be seen as your acceptance of it.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
Meanings of phrases within this document:
|Data -||Any information that a user of the website provides to us, through our "Contact" page, or through emailing us relating to any person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information.|
|We/Us/Our -||Fish Need Water Limited, 1-2 The Parade Dog Kennel Hill, London SE22 8BQ - 06791013|
|You/Your -||A user of the website|
|The Website -||www.fishneedwater.com|
2. Company Information
Fish Need Water Ltd
Our VAT number is GB 948 5651 77
We are a member of The Property Ombudsman, Client Money Protection and ARLA
If you have any questions about the website or the use of your data, please contact us at 020 8690 7766
3. Users Rights
As a user you have the following rights -
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information;
- A right of access to the personal information we hold about you;
- A right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- A right to ask us to delete any personal information held about you unless we are obliged to retain the information for other legal reasons;
- A right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal information;
- A right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- A right to object to the use of your data for particular purposes.
4. Data Collection
Except where you contact us directly through any of our contact options available on the Website you we do not collect any personal data from you.
If you contact us or send us an email, we will retain the details you provide to us including your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give us.
However, we do place cookies on your computer or device
5. Using Your Information
Where we hold any personal information, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary, considering the reason it was provided to us.
We will potentially -
- Reply to your email;
- Provide details on the properties requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
- Offer or provide you with the services requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
- Contact you by Phone or SMS to discuss the above.
We will delete your personal information once your request has been met or the service has been provided, except where –
- You were interested in details of properties we are offering, when we will continue to hold your information in order to send you information on other properties that may interest you;
- You become a client or a buyer of a property;
- You require us to retain it for longer;
- We are required to retain it for longer for other legal reasons.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your data and to request that we delete it.
We will not share any of your data with any third parties unless we need to do so in order to progress an offer on a property.
6. Storage of your Data
Your data will only be stored in the UK.
7. Accessing Your Data
You have a right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold on you free of charge. Please contact us to make a request at Anthony Sargent firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Changes to our Policies
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date, as we reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time if our policies change or the law changes. Any changes will be posted on this page of the website and you will be deemed to have accepted changes to the Policy on your first use of the website following the changes.
This Policy applies only to your use of this website. The website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
We will address your concerns and attempt to solve the problem to your satisfaction.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Acceptance of Terms
Your access to and use of www.fishneedwater.com 'the Website' is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision.
Changes to Website
www.fishneedwater.com reserves the right to:
Change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that www.fishneedwater.com shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and
Change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to www.fishneedwater.com or otherwise used by www.fishneedwater.com as permitted by law.
In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only. Disclaimers and 'Limitation of Liability'.
The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, www.fishneedwater.com will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website. www.fishneedwater.com makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of www.fishneedwater.com for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of www.fishneedwater.com or that of its employees or agents.
Average fee saving is based on the difference between the fees charged by a typical letting agent, calculated as 10% of the annual rent charged plus vat and typical selling fees of 1.75% plus VAT of the sale price.
You agree to indemnify and hold www.fishneedwater.com and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against www.fishneedwater.com arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Our Fees for letting and for services provided
The fee we charge for our property letting service is dependent on the type of service you have requested. Full details of these charges will be clearly detailed in any agreement that you sign.
If you are purchasing a service that we are advertising on www.fishneedwater.com then you accept that we may receive a commission (or procuration) payment for the introduction of your business to the provider of the service. We are not in any way endorsing the products or service providers advertising on our website.
We may change charges on our website from time to time if charges have been adjusted by our service providers.
Fish need water complaints procedure
https://www.fishneedwater.com/landlord-faq and see the complaints section.
Your views about this website, its terms and conditions and our overall levels of service are important to us. If you would like to contact us with any comments or feedback please email email@example.com
Our website may include links to external websites. Fish need water are not responsible for the content of external sites.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- Cookies are small files placed on your computer or device by our site when you visit certain parts of it and/or when you use certain features of our site. They are created when you open our website.
- Our website sends information to the browser you use, which then creates a text file.
- These cookies are then stored as small files on your device for various periods of time.
- Every time you come back to the website, the browser retrieves and sends cookies to the server, which helps to improve your experience of the website by remembering settings, so you don't have to re-enter them every time you visit
- Remembering your last properties and searches, helps you keep on top of new listings
- Measuring use of the website so that we can see where we can improve.
- You can manage and/or delete these small files from your device, but please be aware that this will limit the functionality we then can offer to you.
- To learn more about cookies and how to manage or remove them, please visit aboutcookies.org.
- We have carefully chosen these cookies and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy and personal data is protected and always respected.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
A cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of our site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
It is important for us to understand how you use our site, for example, how efficiently you can navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve our site and your experience of it.
Functionality cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on our site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality cookies may also be strictly necessary cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
It is important for us to know when and how often you visit our site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make our site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting cookies may also be shared with third parties.
Third Party Cookies
Third party cookies are not placed by us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to us and/or to you. Third party cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on our site, or by third parties providing analytics services to us (these cookies will work in the same way as analytics cookies described above).
Any of the above types of cookie may be a persistent cookie. Persistent cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit our site.
Any of the above types of cookie may be a session cookie. Session cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit our site until you close your browser. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
WHAT COOKIES DOES OUR SITE USE?
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Strictly Necessary|
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
- Our site uses analytics services provided by Google
- Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our website is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our website and the services offered through it.
- You do not have to allow us to use these cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our website, it does enable us to continually improve our website, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by our website use(s) analytics cookies to gather the required information.
The analytics service(s) we use are:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
CONSENT AND CONTROL
- Before cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be asked for your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may refuse consent unless those cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of our website may not function fully, or as intended.
- In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser.
- Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third-party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but this can be changed.
- For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-gb
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (There are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android:https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- More information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions can be found on other pages of our website.